WHITLEY BAY GOLF CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Whitley Bay Golf Club is committed to providing an environment that is free of discrimination, harassment and intimidation for members, employees and guests. Members, guests and visitors are all reminded that an acceptable standard of behaviour is expected in all areas of the Clubhouse and Course. Upon payment of membership or green fees, all members, guests and visitors have agreed to be bound by both the restrictions and penalties which may be imposed for any breach of Whitley Bay Golf Club’s Code Conduct.
Members will be liable for any breach committed whether by themselves or their guests.
On the Course:
All players must abide by Rule 1.2 in the Rules of Golf published by the R & A and USGA which includes 1.2a Conduct Expected of All Players and 1.2b Code of Conduct. For further information refer to the Official Guide to the Rules of Golf which may be borrowed from the bar staff for consultation only.
In the Clubhouse:
Members, guests and visitors are reminded that:
• Any form of discrimination, harassment or intimidation is regarded as unacceptable behaviour.
• The misuse of the Club’s I.T. systems is regarded as serious misconduct.
• Consumption of excessive quantities of alcohol is not permitted by law. Please do not be offended if service is refused.
• The use of foul or abusive language such as swearing has no place in the Clubhouse and any member heard using unacceptable or offensive language will be asked either to stop or to leave the premises. When someone is noticed to be using bad language consistently after being warned then disciplinary action will be taken.
• Smoking or the use of e-cigarettes is not permitted within any of the Club’s buildings.
• The taking of illegal substances will incur immediate suspension and loss of membership.
• Mobile phones should be switched to silent and phone conversations should take place outside the lounge.
This Code of Conduct is intended to promote and enhance the values of Whitley Bay Golf Club.
Any person who feels there has been a breach in this Code of Conduct should report the breach in writing either by letter or email to the Club’s Secretary for further investigation by The Disciplinary Panel.